World of Warcraft RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under construction.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Orcish. [Orcs, main Horde language]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trigger Happy
Hunter
Hunter
Trigger Happy

Orcish. [Orcs, main Horde language] Empty
PostSubject: Orcish. [Orcs, main Horde language]   Orcish. [Orcs, main Horde language] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 4:01 pm

Here are a few common orcish phrases and words, for which the translations have been officially confirmed by Blizzard:

"Aka'Magosh" = "A blessing on you and yours" ( A greeting.)
"Bin mog g'thazag cha" = "I will protect you"
"Dabu" = "I obey"
"Dae'mon" = "Twisted soul"
"Dranosh" = "Heart of Draenor"
"Gar'mak" = "Anguish"
"Gol'Kosh" = "By my axe"
"Grombolar" = "Bowels of the giant"
"Grommash" = "The Giant's Heart"
"Kagh!" = "Run!"
"Lak'tuk" = "Suffering"
"Lo'Gosh" = "Ghost Wolf"
"Lohn'goron" = "Hero's Sojourn"
"Lok-Narash" = "Arm yourselves"
"Lok-Regar" = "Ready for orders"
"Lok'tar!" = "Victory!" (A war cry. Also a greeting while in combat.)
"Lok'tar ogar" = "Victory or death" (A war cry)
"Lok'amon" = Traditional orcish song sung about starting a family.
"Lok'tra" = Traditional orcish song sung about a battle.
"Lok'vadnod" = Traditional orcish song sung about the life of a hero.
"Mag'har" = "Uncorrupted"
"Mok'nathal" = "The Sons of Nath" (honorable title)
"Nagrand" = "Land of Winds"
"Oshu'Gun" = "Mountain of Spirits"
"Swobu" = "As you command"
"Throm-Ka" = "Well met" (A greeting.)
"Trk'hsk" = "Bloodshed in battle" (some orcs in the Durnholde area use the word with a different meaning, namely "that sacrificed to the earth" in order to make crops grow.)
"Zug-zug" or "Zug zug" = Acknowledgment and agreement; roughly the equivalent of "okay".

Orcish Names:

Most orcish names derive from words in their language that have some complex meaning or hidden significance to their families. Typically, this is the name of a favorite thing or relative. Family names don't exist; most orcs have last names related to some great deed of heroism or honor. However, in the case of truly incredible deeds, an orc might take on the last name of his father to ensure that the chronicle of that terrific deed lives on.WoWRPG 46 The concept of honor is seen in every level of orc society, even in their naming practices. An orc’s first name is given early in life, often derived from a family name or the name of a great hero. The tribe bestows the second name after the orc reaches maturity, this name based upon some great deed. Such a practice gives rise to surnames such as Doomhammer, Elfkicker, Foe-ender, Skullsplitter, Thumper, and the like. This second name may be changed if a new one seems more appropriate.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/tetragrammaton_labyrinthx

Orcish. [Orcs, main Horde language]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World of Warcraft RPG :: Dictionary-
Jump to: